We offer a range of training sessions for our members - please see the details below. Each session last up to 4 hours, is delivered online and is priced at £10.00 per member.
- To improve the visual power of your images
- To explain the difference between snapshots, record shots and fine art photos
- To explain the importance of pre-visualisation
- To provide guidance on how to construct better images
- What makes an image work?
- Designing your composition
- Light, shade, colour and tone
- Meaning and narrative
- To teach beginners how to use their camera
- Preparing to shoot
- Understanding the key camera controls
- Photographing Still and Moving Subjects
- Review and questions
- To explain more advanced photographic techniques.
- Exposure techniques
- Focusing techniques
- Shooting panoramas
- Function button and custom settings
- Colour and monochrome simulations
- Advanced Metering
- Colour spaces
- To explain the usage of the Lightroom Develop Module toolset
- Simple post-processing workflow
- Adjusting image exposure
- Adjusting image colour
- Using presets and profiles
- To show how the Library Module can be used to edit, filter and manage your image catalogue.
- Folder structure
- Importing and exporting images
- Backing up your catalogue
- Metadata and keywording
- Reviewing and rating your images
- Filtering your images
- Using collections
- To provide an introduction to some of the basic tools in Photoshop.
- Introducing the Photoshop Workspace
- Creating and opening image files
- Using Layers:
- Adjustment layers
- Blending Layers
- Text Layers
- Making Selections
- Cloning & Healing
- Saving your images
- To provide more insight into the power of Lightroom.
- Range masks
- Transform tool
- Colour grading
- Hue, Saturation and Luminance
- Creating presets
- Using the History and Snapshot tools
- To provide an approach for creating stunning monochrome images.
- What images work in monochrome
- Monochrome v black & white
- B&W conversion techniques
- Using the colour adjustments
- Image toning
- Using the 'local' tools to create impact
- To provide an overview of the NIK Software modules.
- Silver Efex Pro
- Colour Efex Pro
- Analogue Efex Pro
- Sharpener Pro
- To provide an approach for creating effective audio-visuals using images and sound layers.
- What software to use?
- Image selection and ordering
- Using music and sound layers
- Using transitions
- Setting titles
- Exporting completed AVs
- To provide an approach for presenting your images in a photobook.
- Why Make A Photobook?
- Which software to use?
- Design Approach
- The Process
- Publishing Your Book
- To explain the concept of infrared
- To explain how to shoot and polst process infrared images
- What is infrared?
- Options for shooting infrared
- Photographing in IR
- Post processing techniques
- What works in Infrared?
We do not have any training sessions planned at the moment, but will be announcing more in the near future.
"We have learnt so much from the two basic camera skills workshops, that would have taken years to understand without your super teaching skills." - RM
"Thank you for today, a lovely relaxed atmosphere, extremely enjoyable, learnt lots as always." - FB
"It's quite extraordinary just how far the workshops and the meetings have elevated my photographic skills." - RD
"Many thanks. I think you struck exactly the right level for us,. Just need to find the manual sometime. Really enjoyed the session and getting to know more of the other people who are at a similar level as us." - TH
"I had thought I was fairly well informed, but the Workshop was a lightbulb moment. I know different now!" - TL